THE SAG-AFTRA FOUNDATION held their bi-annual New York Short Film Showcase on March 29, 2017, at the Robin Williams Center for Entertainment and Media.
Qualifying filmmakers from East of the Mississippi submitted their short films and new media projects for this special night of screenings and Q&A’s. SAGindie’s Michael Sladek moderated the Q&A, which the fine folks at the SAG-AFTRA Foundation have kindly posted in video form. Enjoy the above video for some great short-filmmaking tips and get behind-the-scenes stories from the filmmakers.
SHORTS SELECTED FOR MARCH 2017 NY SHORT FILM SHOWCASE:
- Mariachi Madness (co-written and directed by Nadia Zoe)
- Us (written and directed by Caroline Mariko Stucky)
- [Re] Defined (written and directed by Danae Grandison and Ryan Welsh)
- Don’t Shoot the Messenger (Episode 3) (produced by Maleni Chaitoo)
- Cork Man (co-written and directed by Dawn Han)
- Girl Night Stand (written and directed by Jenna Laurenzo)
Learn more about the SAG-AFTRA Foundation New York Short Film Showcase.
If you’re interested in receiving invites to special events like this, sign up for the SAGindie email newsletter.