SAGindie returned as a sponsor of Outfest in Los Angeles, which took place July 12 – 22, 2018. In addition to a great slate of films, this year’s festival also featured this eye-opening Bi in the Biz panel – sponsored by SAG-AFTRA and SAGindie – about being bisexual in the film business. SAG-AFTRA was kind enough to post a video of the full panel above!
While the L, G, and T communities have made great strides toward visibility in the culture, the B’s still remain relatively hidden, even in the entertainment industry. This panel will feature out bisexual actors and entertainment industry professionals discussing the specific challenges and opportunities for film, TV and online performers who identify as such. Break out of the bi closet as we explore the politics and the pragmatism of actors living out in the open.
- Travon Free (writer, Him or Her)
- Dalila Ali Rajah (actor, Quiet As Kept)
- Jen Richards (actor/writer/producer, Her Story)
- Megan Townsend (Director of Entertainment Research & Analysis, GLAAD)
- Zelda Williams (actor, Dead of Summer)
- Moderated by Eliel Cruz (Director of Communications, New York City Anti-Violence Project)
To be notified about future SAGindie events, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!