SAGindie partnered with SAG-AFTRA and the SAG-AFTRA Foundation for a super informative panel on The Nuts and Bolts of Indie Filmmaking on April 4, 2018, in Los Angeles. If you were unable to join us, we have video of the full panel above! (And special thanks to the SAG-AFTRA Foundation for making the panel video available!)
Modern technology has made filmmaking more accessible than ever, but working on a professional level requires a little more planning than simply shooting in the backyard with friends. Various areas of the production process can be costly if overlooked, but this panel will teach independent filmmakers how to cover their bases. Indie producers can learn how to protect their projects – and themselves – at this panel discussing best practices in entertainment insurance, payroll, permitting, and legal services. Presented by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation, SAG-AFTRA, and SAGindie.
- DeMille Halliburton (Principal, Integro Insurance Brokers)
- Kathy Heller (Professor and Executive Director, Chapman University Entertainment Law Program)
- Joshua Mingo (Director of Permit Operations, FilmL.A.)
- Daniel Willett (Contracts and Marketing Administrator, ABS Payroll)
- Moderated by Colin McCormack (Communications Manager, SAGindie)
To be notified about future SAGindie events, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!