SAGindie Movies & Music and SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s The Business program came together in New York to present She Shoots, She Scores: Director-Composer Collaboration, taking place April 30, 2019. If you were unable to join us, SAG-AFTRA Foundation was kind enough to provide video of the full panel!
Join us for a panel on the relationship between movies and music from women in the industry. Topics will include discussion about the collaboration between independent filmmakers and music composers, how to form a partnership to find the right music for your film, and the need for wider gender representation in both the composing and filmmaking fields. Presented by SAG-AFTRA Foundation and SAGindie.
- Morgan Kibby (Composer, The Short History of the Long Road)
- Karen Johnson (Producer, Making Waves: The Art of Cinematic Sound)
- Lillie Rebecca McDonough (Composer, Radium Girls)
- Allyson Newman (Composer, A Woman’s Work: The NFL Cheerleader Problem)
- Quinn Shephard (Filmmaker/Actor, Blame)
- Moderated by Ryan Silbert (Author/Filmmaker, Alliances: A Trick of Light)
To be notified about future SAGindie Movies & Music events, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!