SAGindie was proud to return as a sponsor of the Tribeca Film Festival, where we held our annual Tribeca Cast Party (along with SAG-AFTRA and our lovely hosting venue Lucky Strike). We were graced with some amazing hosts this year: Jay Ellis, Matthew Gray Gubler, Paul Liebertstein, and Molly Ringwald, posing below with SAGindie’s Michael Sladek and SAG-AFTRA New York Board Member Nick Fondulis.
But there was more to Tribeca this year than bowling. There were movies! And awards! You can check out which movies won the awards below.
2018 Tribeca Film Festival Award Winners:
U.S. Narrative Feature Competition
- The Founders Award for Best Narrative Feature: Diane
- Best Actor: Jeffrey Wright, O.G.
- Best Actress: Alia Shawkat, Duck Butter
- Best Cinematography: Wyatt Garfield, Diane
- Best Screenplay: Kent Jones, Diane
International Narrative Feature Competition
- Best International Narrative Feature: Smuggling Hendrix
- Best Actor: Rasmus Bruun, The Saint Bernard Syndicate
- Best Actress: Joy Rieger, Virgins
- Best Cinematography: Albert Salas, Obey
- Best Screenplay: Lærke Sanderhoff, The Saint Bernard Syndicate
- Best Documentary Feature: Island of the Hungry Ghosts
- Best Documentary Cinematography: Niels van Koevorden, Tanzania Transit
- Best Documentary Editing: Frederick Shanahan, Jon Kasbe, and Caitlyn Greene, When Lambs Become Lions
Best New Director Competition
- Best New Narrative Director: Shawn Snyder, To Dust
- Albert Maysles New Documentary Director Award: Dava Whisenant, Bathtubs Over Broadway
The Nora Ephron Prize
- The Nora Ephron Prize: Nia DaCosta, Little Woods
Short Film Competition
- Best Narrative Short: Phone Duty
- Best Animated Short: Late Afternoon
- Best Documentary Short: Notes From Dunblane: Lessons From a School Shooting
- Student Visionary Award: The Life of Esteban
- Storyscapes Award: Hero
Tribeca X Award
- For Every Kind of Dream
- Audience Award – Narrative Competition: To Dust
- Audience Award – Documentary Competition: United Skates
- Runner-Up – Narrative Competition: Mapplethorpe
- Runner-Up – Documentary Competition: Momentum Generation
WHAT WERE YOUR TRIBECA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS?
If you’re an independent filmmaker or know of an independent film-related topic we should write about, email email@example.com for consideration.